If you are craving sugar it is often a sign that your blood sugar levels aren’t balanced.
Before you reach for the ‘quick fix’ your body thinks it desires try a protein hit mixed with good fats and/or good quality carb. Then see if you still feel like the chocolate bar you nearly devoured (I bet you wont)!
I have put my favourite snack ideas below:
– Boiled eggs! Boil up a batch of eggs at the start of the week and keep them in the fridge. They are the perfect ‘go to’ protein snack.
– Carrot and celery sticks dipped into a hummus dip. Make sure your hummus is either homemade or just has very basic ingredients i.e. chickpeas, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
– Chobani yoghurt (unflavoured) with berries, and raw almonds.
– A can of Sirena tuna in water with cherry tomatoes and goat fetta.
– Protein smoothie – a good quality milk, blue berries, coconut oil, Proper Protein Vegan Coconut Protein Powder and half a frozen banana.