OK, so Febfast has officially begun and although my diet and alcohol intake is faulty under control i must say I am feeling excited above anything else. I have slightly overindulged over the last month, and not feeling quite as lean as I was at the end of December/start of Jan. So, i personally am looking forward to the results I will see physically and that for me will be my driving force and motivation over the next month.
- And that is my first survival tip you for Febfasters! Find you driving force! What are you looking forward to the most? seeing your body change physically? Having more energy? Changing bad habits? Once you have your personal driving force in the forefront of your mind, it will be your personal motivator and it will haunt you should you go to cheat!
- My second survival tip is to make sure you have the support of your friends and family! I suggest telling everyone around you, even your dog that you are doing Febfast! That way, there will be people supporting you and also holding you accountable. Tell them you want their support and help along the way and it may make a difference at just the right time!
- swap old bad habits for new healthy habits. That afternoon sugar craving that normally gets killed with a mars bar and is now going to get nurtured with some unflavoured yoghurt and raw almonds. That evening wine is going to get replaced with soda water and lime or a chamomile tea. You know the drill! habits are best broken with the replacement of a new habit.
- Drink loads of water! Flush out all the old toxins and rehydrate, to get you feeling fresh, clean and detoxified. You wont want to ruin these good, healthy vibes by drinking alcohol will you!?
- Exercise daily to keep yourself in a good headspace and keep focused on your healthy lifestyle. This will also help you to feel better and better each day, leaving you with less temptation to undo your hard work.
- Plan alcohol free social activities. There is no reason why you need to hide under a rock for the next month! In fact, get out there more! Walk the tan, have healthy picnics, go strawberry picnic, play golf for the first time- whatever you feel like doing. Now is the time to engage is fun, new, adventures!
- Think of the positives! There are so many good things that come from living a healthy lifestyle! Your weekends will be productive, you will have glowing skin, more energy, lighter in weight and a happier mind-set. Amongst other things…
- And lastly, DONT GIVE UP! You will have challenging moments and we are going to get past them. Each challenge you get past will make the next one easier. Remember your driving force, remember your positives, turn to your friends and family and remember it’s only one month! You can do this!